Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I really like food - Cracked Wheat Bread

I have had some cracked wheat sitting around the house for a while and really didn't know what to use it in.  Yeah, sometimes I buy things and then wonder why.... But I finally found a recipe on allrecipes.com that looked easy enough (and I had all the ingredients).

This Cracked Wheat Bread II was the first one that really caught my eye... And since I had never used cracked wheat before, the easy to follow instructions were essential.  I do have a Kitchenaid stand mixer, so that cut back on the kneading... Though I do enjoy beating the crap out of some dough by hand once in a while.  

I don't know if it was just the weather today or what, but it did rise a little slow. It could have been me when adding ingredients though of course too.  Either way, here is a photo of the two loaves it creates.

When I was almost ready to pop them in the oven, I did cut a slit straight down the center and brushed on some melted butter.  Just delicious!

Then after I was done knitting this lovely cowl....

Yes, a promo shoved in quick, but I just love it!

I needed a snack so I toasted the bread and slathered on some Ginger Pumpkin Jam from Jellybean and Julia's.  It was perfection....  



Now that I have you drooling... Have a great day!
xoxo,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment