Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

It's been a rather busy week, but I did find time to bake and cook a lot this last Tuesday. I really try to knock out several meals in one day since I have such a late work schedule. I hate the thought that my husband will not be eating a homemade meal if I don't have a bunch of stuff in the fridge...  It's a quirk of mine.  :D

I made a pumpkin cheesecake that I will blog about later because it is simply amazing.  AMAZING.

Here is the pumpkin bread though...  It's a little easier than the cheesecake if you want to attempt something yummy.


Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup all purposed flour
1 T Pumpkin Spice
2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t salt
2 Eggs
2 C Sugar
15 Oz Can Pumpkin
1/2 C Oil
1 C Cranberries


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 9 x 5 bread loaf pans.

Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another.  Then add them together just until moistened.  You can add the cranberries, but you don't have to.  I did add walnuts too for some extra texture.  

Evenly pour the mixture in to the pans. They bake for 55-60 minutes and once they pass the toothpick test, they are done!  The edges do get slightly brown, but I like that. You can put tinfoil around the edges if you'd like it less brown....  :D 

Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan!


Here is my breakfast today.... Cocoa, bread, slippers and internets.  :D


Have a wonderful day!

xoxo
JB


No comments:

Post a Comment